What are you Doing Great? - A 2012 Challenge
But, like most people, I still like to recognize the newness of a calendar year. I like to remember various accomplishments from the last 365, and see where my energy lies. Where in my life do I have some positive momentum TODAY? At home, at work, in my relationships; what am I doing great?
Sounds silly, right?
Asking myself, “what am I doing great?” is what gives me a fresh start. It cleans off the areas that are stained with regret or disappointment. It dusts off the spots with inadequacy and embarrassment. It allows me to move forward with energetic confidence by focusing on my positives.
For 2012, this is my challenge for all of us. In the environment of “competitive parenting”, Mommy Wars, and economic instability... Can all of us collectively celebrate what we are doing great?
I would like to take a moment to recognize the amazing things men and women are doing for themselves, and for their families. The big and the small. The grandiose and the simple. I want to celebrate moms and dads who are making this parenting thing work, in the best way they know how.
My commitment is to share your positive energy with our community. We can get ideas from other, gain motivation, and celebrate our lives as parents.
So I ask, what are you doing great?
- You got the kids to school on time.
- You created a healthy sack lunch for your kids from nearly bare cupboards.
- You have lost 10 pounds, and are working out with your kids.
- You made it to the library for story time.
- You got all 3 of your kids to nap at the same time; so you could rest, too.
- You were financially responsible, and did not increase your family’s debt.
- You read a book (a book with chapters and no pictures).
- You made time to go to lunch with a friend.
- You made it to your son’s basketball game.
Tell me. Write to me, or send a video to kckidsdoc at gma1L.com. Comment below.
I can’t wait to hear what you have to share.